Thursday 15 May 2014

A-B Information pack for "Its upto you brief"

A-B Information pack for "Its upto you brief"

Here are my final photographs of the outcome for the "Its upto you brief". Its an idea based on a resolved information pack. 

The main concept is based on how I have changed from the beginning of the year to now, simulated through an interpretation of the common quote "from A-B" based on the traveling of one point to another. Its a round up of my journey in a before and after type of snapshot. The red dots and lines visualise this point to point sort of journey in a clean and accurate way which works with the rest of the

Design and concept influences stemmed from my presentation and my manifesto. The content explains a before and after snapshot of my creative practice, the content derived from my presentation. 

The construction is a fold that incorporates a square and a rectangle to simulate the structure and use of grid I use within my working practice now. This same use of grid, consideration to layout, use of space and structure is simulated in the design layout. Quite minimal and lots of negative space demonstrate my minimalist nature.

The use of stock came from my manifesto mentioning on how I prefer to create designs for printed media and consider my paper stock choice. I liked the contrast I created through the duplexing/joining of 2 paper stocks. 

The A & B glyphs aesthetics are based on a stippling technique I used when I used to create very illustrative image based type design, it shows the journey and how its changed from analogue/traditional to digital and accurate within the structured repetition of the dots. 



Im liking the sense of movement on this section of the design, the horizontal line and the red "point to point" system keeps the eye moving across the page simulating a journey even more. 

I struck out my name on this page as this is the page that contains the content information on what kind of creative I used to be, striking it out simulates how I am not like that anymore. 






Here are my other 2 colour variations photographed in better light.

No comments:

Post a Comment