Saturday 10 May 2014

Presentation

Presentation

Here are the presentation boards that I went through for my 7 minute presentation. The idea was to basically sum up my journey, what type of designer/student I was at the beginning of the year and my journey showing how I changed.

The first thing I started the presentation on was talking about how I started out the year in terms of my creative style, my knowledge on typography. Typographic design/principles learning how to create glyphs that fit to relevant guidelines like X-heights, Cap heights, baselines, how point size effects the aesthetics of glyphs, how readability and legibility is manipulated through type treatments. 

I mentioned how I wanted to learn digital image making techniques to advance from my traditional mediums I was used too.

Presented and talked through my old work and the techniques I used to use and my style, also expanded on my attempts at typography design and how it still had a very image based and illustrative feel. 

Presenting these images allowed me to introduce one of my strengths, motivation and attention to detail. These drawings were A1 scale and took days to draw.


More examples of my image based typographic design using time consuming yet detailed illustration techniques alongside a large scale installation that again introduced my attention to detail strengths, traditional image making strengths and my motivation and good time management to carry out such a huge task in a short time frame. 

The work also introduced my weakness's I went onto talk about, it all shows no experimentation in image making techniques just using traditional mediums and a little manipulation on photoshop, it showed my lack of proper typographic knowledge to design professional typefaces.

I introduced my strengths I wanted to advance on through the year and my weakness's I wanted to improve on.

I then went on to present how I have developed from these strengths and weakness's and how I have experimented with things like:

Screenprinting, allowed me to experiment with physical print outcomes which is something I want to carry on with due to the special inks available like this project that used metallic silver ink.

Freds design principle lessons taught me basic grid fundamentals to advance on my OCD attention to detail while teaching me a basic frame work to advance on. I really enjoyed design principles and learnt allot of new things.


While learning digital image making techniques I also had the opportunity to create work that could actually appear in the public domain like this world cup design I created for adidas and sent off to them for consideration.

This lead me on to talk about how I would love to be involved within the sportswear industry, and feel sneaker culture is huge at the moment so opportunities for creatives will only become better and better.


I enjoyed developing my conceptual thinking and it allowed me to use my strengths in using traditional mediums  to create work for live briefs that again could appear in the public domain. 







No comments:

Post a Comment