Friday 9 May 2014

Contacting Adidas

Contacting Adidas

I have a huge obsession with collecting trainers, so I jumped at an opportunity were I could bring my personal interests into my design practice. 

Part of a project I did for context of practice I created a trainer collaboration between Wyclef Jean & Adidas for a World Cup redesign for the adidas ZX Flux sneaker.

More information on the whole project found here.

Here is the email I sent them inquiry about how I could send them the designs as I was after some feedback to see what they thought of it, I found it surprising that they hadn't made a world cup release sneaker as companies like Nike and Ascis have released sneakers for the tournament. 

"Hello just a quick inquiry about a trainer redesign I have done for the ZX Flux part of a university project.
I created a full redesign of the sneaker for the Brazil World cup and was just wondering if I could send you guys it see what you think of it?"

Brief image of the publication I made that went alongside the sneaker redesign. 

Hoping for a response back but I am aiming a little high with such a huge company. 

After speaking to John he said to try contact them through twitter, the only problem with twitter is the character limit so I didn't want to sound too abrupt in my comment. 


Annoying that it gets split up into 3 separate images too. Really not expecting much from this due to the structure of how the photos and tweets were sent as the description isn't actually attached to the images. 

Got a favorite from Adidas and 4 other twitter users but that was about as far as it went, pretty disappointed but still probably not showing the right person my design as the twitter group may be a more social element of the company rather than business oriented. 

A comment I was pleased with though came from a tweeter mentioning were to find this trainer design, at least it appealed to someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment