Tuesday 13 May 2014

Analysing CAREAUX on Instagram (Expansion on contacting/analysing designer task)

Analysing CAREAUX on Instagram (Expansion on contacting/analysing designer task)

Recently started following an illustrator over in The Netherlands. I ended up following her after seeing some of her illustrations pop up on some sneaker groups I follow. Having a huge obsession with sneakers and limited edition trainer releases I really appreciate the illustrations she creates of "big sneaker releases", she really strengthens that limited edition consumerist want for these releases through creating one off prints or limited runs of prints.

I love the simple style she uses creating the illustrations out of triangular shapes which at first glance makes the trainer look like a simple block outline but shade and depth is added through this use of shapes and gives off a very unique aesthetic. 

I imagine she uses digital techniques vectoring the images on adobe illustrator first then printing onto canvases. I did recently try ask her about her process and her opinions on the huge culture there is around sneakers at the moment but unfortunately got no response. 

A few examples of some illustrations she has done. Shame about the poor quality screenshots from my iPhone but for privacy and copyright reasons you can't save photos from Instagram  I agree with this though it protects the artists work allot more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment