Monday 20 April 2015

Linkedin & Behance Portfolio, thoughts on web presence & web presence outcome

Linkedin & Behance Portfolio thoughts on web presence & web presence outcome

Establishing online presence is extremely important in this digital age led by advancement of internet and technology, a Behance portfolio and Linkedin account at this stage is the area I should look into the most when it comes to online presence. 

Creating a well presented Behance portfolio will at this stage be a better idea than a website, it will act as self promotion of my work through the existing traffic and presence Behance currently has within the creative industry. It has potential for me to gain initial recognition and begin the starting point of a following and has opportunities to network with other creatives, potential clients and potential employees. 

Much like other social media services it has the opportunity to target at specific people using tags, so with careful consideration of the use of tags I can present my work to an array of potential clients or employees who are browsing for that type of content, or just other creatives who could potentially expand my recognition by appreciating or commenting on my work which other users can see. 



There are a number of sister sites with specific works from specific disciplines that feed from the main Behance site these offer further recognition of my work, a specific site for what I want would be the branding served sites, but they are other served sites that cover typography and editorial design that may be used as a vessel to present my work too. 

Once this recognition and following has been established then a web presence would seem more beneficial.

Linked in is more professional method of social networking, its like a Facebook for professionals, an opportunity to network and connect with like minded creatives. With over 300 million members its pretty certain whoever I want to contact I can contact regardless of language or location. 

It provides a platform to promote my skill sets, my past work experiences, education and past endorsements  sort of like a CV but more personal and interactive. With aspects like skill sets it provides a more focused search point for potential networkers, if someone wants to search for a professional who has skills in editorial its easy for them to narrow down.

While having the opportunity to contact specific organizations theres also the opportunity to speak to an employee or even the CEO, managing director, creative director of the firm to establish connections with future employees, it seems a much more professional, direct and personal way of contacting someone while also providing a better chance at a response as company emails are usually filled with a lot of spam that doesn't get read so emails could be overlooked. 

Two points company profile.

Founders profile found very easily though this.

 


Website thoughts
To create a full website with multiple pages at this point doesn't seem necessary, after looking at some studios sites a lot of them have just simple holding pages with an interactive cycle of work some just have basic contact details so I feel concentrating on a Behance presence should be more important before creating a website that will only end up been altered anyway. Im in a progressive stage at the moment so the interactive and physical portfolio and Behance portfolio will allow me to alter and change content as I progress along the next 18 months. 

My Behance and LinkedIn have been linked together through the contact details to maintain a connection between professional and creative aspects of my personal services. 

My LinkedIn
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/johnathan-pell/87/133/4a1




My Behance
https://www.behance.net/johnathanpell/


No comments:

Post a Comment